1. O Lord of Hosts, we now invokeThy Spirit most divineTo cleanse our hearts while we partakeThe broken bread and wine.
2. May we forever think of theeAnd of thy suff'rings sore,Endured for us on Calvary,And praise thee evermore.
3. Prepare our minds that we may seeThe beauties of thy grace,Salvation purchased on that treeFor all who seek thy face.
4. As brethren, let us ever liveIn fellowship and peace!Forgive, that God may us forgive,That love may still increase.
5. May union, peace, and love abound,And perfect harmony,And joy in one continual roundThrough all eternity.
Text: Andrew Dalrymple, 1817-1890.Music: George Careless, 1839-1932.
- Hymn Number
- George Careless, 1839-1932
- Andrew Dalrymple, 1817-1890
- 1 Peter 2:21, 24, Mosiah 4:12-13
- CM (Common Meter)
- 8 6 8 6
- Forgiveness, Grace, Holy Ghost, Sacrament, Unity