1. In a world where sorrowEver will be known,Where are found the needyAnd the sad and lone,How much joy and comfortYou can all bestow,If you scatter sunshineEv'rywhere you go.
(Chorus)Scatter sunshine all along your way.Cheer and bless and brightenEv'ry passing day.Scatter sunshine all along your way.Cheer and bless and brightenEv'ry passing day.
(Chorus Alto, Tenor, and Bass.) Scatter the smiles and sunshine all along over your way.Cheer and bless and brightenEv'ry passing, passing day.Scatter the smiles and sunshine all along over your way.Cheer and bless and brightenEv'ry passing day.
2. Slightest actions oftenMeet the sorest needs,For the world wants dailyLittle kindly deeds.Oh, what care and sorrowYou may help remove,With your songs and courage,Sympathy and love.
3. When the days are gloomy,Sing some happy song;Meet the world's repiningWith a courage strong.Go with faith undauntedThru the ills of life;Scatter smiles and sunshineO'er its toil and strife.
Text: Lanta Wilson SmithMusic: Edwin O. Excell, 1851-1921
- Hymn Number
- Edwin O. Excell, 1851-1921
- Lanta Wilson Smith
- Psalm 100:2, James 1:27
- 11 11 11 11 9 11 9 11
- Cheerfulness, Encouragement, Love, Service