1. The day dawn is breaking, the world is awaking,The clouds of night's darkness are fleeing away.The worldwide commotion, from ocean to ocean,Now heralds the time of the beautiful day.
(Chorus)Beautiful day of peace and rest,Bright be thy dawn from east to west.Hail to thine earliest welcome ray,Beautiful, bright, millennial day.
2. In many a temple the Saints will assembleAnd labor as saviors of dear ones away.Then happy reunion and sweetest communionWe'll have with our friends in the beautiful day.
3. Still let us be doing, our lessons reviewing,Which God has revealed for our walk in his way;And then, wondrous story, the Lord in his gloryWill come in his pow'r in the beautiful day.
4. Then pure and supernal, our friendship eternal,With Jesus we'll live, and his counsels obeyUntil ev'ry nation will join in salvationAnd worship the Lord of the beautiful day.
Text: Joseph L. Townsend, 1849-1942Music: William Clayson, 1840-1887
- Hymn Number
- William Clayson, 1840-1887
- Joseph L. Townsend, 1849-1942
- Doctrine and Covenants 29:11, Doctrine and Covenants 45:59
- 12 11 12 11 8 8 8 8
- Genealogy and Temple Work, Jesus Christ - Second Coming, Millennium, Restoration of the Gospel