1. When in the wondrous realms aboveOur Savior had been called uponTo save our world of sin by love,He said, “Thy will, O Lord, be done.”
2. The King of Kings left worlds of light,Became the meek and lowly One;In brightest day or darkest night,He said, “Thy will, O Lord, be done.”
3. No crown of thorns, no cruel crossCould make our great Redeemer shun.He counted his own will but naught,And said, “Thy will, O Lord, be done.”
4. We take the bread and cup this dayIn mem’ry of the sinless One,And pray for strength, that we may say,As he, “Thy will, O Lord, be done.”
Text: Frank I. Kooyman, 1880–1963. © 1948 IRIMusic: Robert P. Manookin, 1918–1997. © 1985 IRI
- Hymn Number
- Robert P. Manookin, 1918–1997.
- Frank I. Kooyman, 1880–1963.
- Moses 4:2, Luke 22:41–44, 2 Nephi 10:24
- 8 8 8 8
- LM (Long Meter)
- Jesus Christ—Savior, Obedience, Plan of Salvation, Premortal Life, Sacrament