1. 'Tis sweet to sing the matchless loveOf Him who left his home aboveAnd came to earth--oh, wondrous plan--To suffer, bleed, and die for man!
(Chorus)For Jesus died on Calvary,That all thru him might ransomed be.Then sing hosannas to his name;Let heav'n and earth his love proclaim.
2. 'Tis good to meet each Sabbath dayAnd, in his own appointed way,Partake the emblems of his death,And thus renew our love and faith.
3. Oh, blessed hour! communion sweet!When children, friends, and teachers meetAnd, in remembrance of his grace,Unite in sweetest songs of praise.
Text: George A. Manwaring, 1854-1889Music: Ebenezer Beesley, 1840-1906Tune name: HANCOCK
- Hymn Number
- Ebenezer Beesley, 1840-1906
- George A. Manwaring, 1854-1889
- Matthew 20:28, Moroni 6:5-6
- LMD (Long Meter Doubled)
- 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8
- Mercy, Music and Song, Sabbath Day, Sacrament