1. Truth eternal, truth divine,In thine ancient fulness shine!Burst the fetters of the mindFrom the millions of mankind!
2. Truth again restored to earth,Opened with a prophet’s birth.Priests of heaven’s royal lineBear the keys of truth divine!
3. Truth shall triumph as the lightChases far the misty night.Endless ages own its sway,Clad in everlasting day.
Text: Parley P. Pratt, 1807–1857Music: Alexander Schreiner, 1901–1987
- Hymn Number
- Alexander Schreiner, 1901–1987.
- Parley P. Pratt, 1807–1857.
- John 8:32, Doctrine and Covenants 50:24–25
- 7 7 7 7
- Joseph Smith, Priesthood, Restoration of the Gospel, Revelation, Truth, Wisdom and Knowledge