The sheet music for this selection cannot be included due to copyright restrictions or availability.
1. 'Twas witnessed in the morning sky:An angel earthward bound.This messenger proclaimed anewThe gospel's joyful sound.In pow'r it would be preached on earthBy men of God ordained;All men, all tongues, all nations wouldAccept and praise his name.
2. In ancient days the gospel planWas giv'n of God to men;In latter days the gospel isRestored to earth again.By holy prophets long proclaimed,By Saints and seers adored,It speaks the everlasting truthsOf Jesus Christ, the Lord.
3. Apostles of a former dayTo modern prophets came;They brought the priesthood of our LordTo bless the earth again.The pow'rs of heav'n are opened wideTo men of God below;The knowledge, gifts, and keys are ours,All blessings to bestow.
Text: Adapted by G. William Richards, 1918-2005.(c) 1985 IRI
- Hymn Number
- H. Walford Davies, 1869-1941, alt. Based on the tune SOLEMN MELODY.
- Adapted by G. William Richards,1918-2005.
- Joseph Smith-History 1:30-34, 68-72, Doctrine and Covenants 128:20-21, Joseph Smith-History 1:30-34
- CMD (Common Meter Doubled)
- 8 6 8 6 8 6 8 6
- Missionary Work, Priesthood, Prophets, Restoration of the Gospel
- Solemn Melody