1. We listen to a prophet’s voice and hear the Savior too.With love he bids us do the work the Lord would have us do.The Savior calls his chosen seer to preach the word of God,That men might learn to find the path marked by the iron rod.
2. In ev’ry land, in ev’ry tongue, our prophet will be heard;How swiftly round the world his voice reveals the gospel word!The sacred message that he brings will witness and agreeWith ev’ry prophet called of God throughout earth’s history.
3. Hosanna! Let our praise ascend unto the Savior’s throne;Rejoice! The prophet has confirmed that by Him we are known.Attend, ye earth! The prophet speaks; come listen and obey.He is the man who holds the keys of priesthood pow’r today.
Text: Marylou Cunningham Leavitt, b. 1928.Music: Darwin K. Wolford, b. 1936.© 1979 Sonos Music Resources. Used by permission. This hymn may be copied for incidental, noncommercial church or home use.
- Hymn Number
- Darwin K. Wolford, 1936–.
- Marylou Cunningham Leavitt, 1928–.
- Doctrine and Covenants 1:38, Doctrine and Covenants 68:4, Doctrine and Covenants 112:30–32
- 8 6 8 6 8 6 8 6
- CMD (Common Meter Doubled)
- Obedience, Prophets, Restoration of the Gospel, Revelation