1. We meet again as sistersOn this the Sabbath dayTo worship God together,To testify and pray.Now may the Holy Spirit,Descending like a dove,Enlarge our minds with knowledgeAnd fill our hearts with love.
2. We meet to plan our serviceTo neighbors now in need.May charity and kindnessInspire our ev’ry deed.And as we use our talentsFor good and noble ends,May God be our companionAnd angels be our friends.
3. We meet to sing togetherThe praises of our Lord,To seek our exaltationAccording to his word.To ev’ry gospel blessingThe Lord has turned the key,That we, with heav’nly parents,May sing eternally.
Text: Paul L. Anderson, b. 1946. © 1985 IRIMusic: Bonnie Lauper Goodliffe, b. 1943. © 1985 IRI
- Hymn Number
- Bonnie Lauper Goodliffe, 1943–.
- Paul L. Anderson, 1946–.
- Doctrine and Covenants 59:9–11, 23, James 1:27
- 7 6 7 6 D
- Holy Ghost, Love, Service, Sisterhood, Testimony