1. Welcome, welcome, Sabbath morning;Now we rest from ev'ry care.Welcome, welcome is thy dawning,Holy Sabbath, day of prayer.Loving teachers kindly greet usAs we meet in Sunday School,Where they labor hard to teach usBy the Savior's golden rule.
(Chorus)Welcome, welcome, Sabbath morning;Now we rest from ev'ry care.Welcome, welcome is thy dawning,Holy Sabbath, day of prayer.
2. Hark! the Sabbath bells are ringing;Hear the echoes all around.List! the merry children singing!What a pleasing, joyful sound!Ev'ry tender note entreats us,Bids us come, nor longer stay.On our way the music greets us;Hasten, hasten, come away.
3. Here we bow in meek devotion;Here we sing God's holy praise.Here our hearts, with fond emotion,Seek to learn his holy ways.From the books of revelationWe are taught while yet in youth.Words of heav'nly inspirationGuide us in the path of truth.
4. Here we meet with friends and neighbors;Parents too are in the throng.We are earnest in our labors.To God's kingdom we belong.Trials make our faith grow stronger;Truth is nobler than a crown.We will brave the tempest longerTho the world upon us frown.
Text: Robert B. Baird, 1855-1916Music: Ebenezer Beesley, 1840-1906
- Hymn Number
- Ebenezer Beesley, 1840-1906
- Robert B. Baird, 1855-1916
- Doctrine and Covenants 59:9-10, Mosiah 4:15
- 8 7 8 7 (12 lines)
- Music and Song, Revelation, Sabbath Day, Scriptures, Sunday School