1. We’re not ashamed to own our LordAnd worship him on earth.We love to learn his holy wordAnd know what souls are worth.
2. When Jesus comes in burning flameTo recompense the just,The world will know the only nameIn which the Saints can trust.
3. When he comes down from heav’n to earthWith all his holy band,Before creation’s second birth,We hope with him to stand.
4. He then will give us a new name,With robes of righteousness,And, in the New Jerusalem,Eternal happiness.
Text: William W. Phelps, 1792–1872, alt. Included in the first LDS hymnbook, 1835.Music: John Longhurst, b. 1940. © 1985 IRI
- Hymn Number
- John Longhurst, 1940–.
- William W. Phelps, 1792–1872.
- Mark 8:34–38, Doctrine and Covenants 109:73–76
- 8 6 8 6
- CM (Common Meter)
- Courage, Jesus Christ—Second Coming, Worship