1. What glorious scenes mine eyes behold!What wonders burst upon my view!When Ephraim’s records I unfold,All things appear divinely new.All things appear divinely new.
2. Good news to earth have angels borne,Which fills our souls with joy and peace.Good tidings comfort those who mournAnd bring the captive full release,And bring the captive full release.
3. The scattered sheep, who once were soldIn darkness o’er the mountains far,Shall now return unto their foldAnd there their waiting hearts prepare,And there their waiting hearts prepare.
4. Now Israel, long oppressed and grievedIn ev’ry land, in ev’ry clime,Shall hear the word of God and live;This is the time, the chosen time.This is the time, the chosen time.
Text: Anon., ca. 1840Music: Ebenezer Beesley, 1840–1906
- Hymn Number
- Ebenezer Beesley, 1840–1906.
- Doctrine and Covenants 27:5, Doctrine and Covenants 133:36–38
- 8 8 8 8
- 8 8 8 8 8
- LM (Long Meter)
- Book of Mormon, Gathering of Israel, Restoration of the Gospel, Revelation