1. Where can I turn for peace?Where is my solaceWhen other sources cease to make me whole?When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice,I draw myself apart,Searching my soul?
2. Where, when my aching grows,Where, when I languish,Where, in my need to know, where can I run?Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?Who, who can understand?He, only One.
3. He answers privately,Reaches my reachingIn my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.Constant he is and kind,Love without end.
Text: Emma Lou Thayne, b. 1924. © 1973 IRIMusic: Joleen G. Meredith, b. 1935. © 1973 IRI
- Hymn Number
- Joleen G. Meredith.
- Emma Lou Thayne, 1924–.
- John 14:27, John 16:33, Hebrews 4:14–16
- 11 10 11 10
- Assurance, Comfort, Hope, Jesus Christ—Friend, Jesus Christ—Savior, Peace, Trials, Youth