1. Ye elders of Israel, come join now with meAnd seek out the righteous, where'er they may be--In desert, on mountain, on land, or on sea--And bring them to Zion, the pure and the free.
(Chorus)O Babylon, O Babylon, we bid thee farewell;We're going to the mountains of Ephraim to dwell.
2. The harvest is great, and the lab'rers are few;But if we're united, we all things can do.We'll gather the wheat from the midst of the taresAnd bring them from bondage, from sorrows and snares.
3. We'll go to the poor, like our Captain of old,And visit the weary, the hungry, and cold;We'll cheer up their hearts with the news that he boreAnd point them to Zion and life evermore.
Text: Cyrus H. Wheelock, 1813-1894Music: Thomas H. Bayly, 1797-1839, adapted
- Hymn Number
- Thomas H. Bayly, 1797-1839, adapted
- Cyrus H. Wheelock, 1813-1894
- Doctrine and Covenants 133:7-9, 14, Doctrine and Covenants 75:2-5
- 11 11 11 11 13 11
- Gathering of Israel, Missionary Work, Priesthood, Unity