The Nativity Song (Friend)
1. This is the season beloved of the year.
Sing a rhyme; Christmastime soon will be here.
Tell the true story of Jesus’ birth,
When, as a baby, Christ came to the earth.
2. These are the new stars shining so bright,
Lighting the world on that first Christmas night.
This is the angel proclaiming the birth,
Singing, “Hosanna!” and “Peace on the earth!”
3. This is the stable—shelter so bare;
Cattle and oxen first welcomed Christ there.
This is the manger—sweet hay for a bed—
Waiting for Jesus to cradle His head.
4. These are the shepherds, humble and mild,
Hast’ning to worship the newborn Christ Child.
These are the wise men who followed the star,
With frankincense, gold, and myrrh brought from afar.
5. See the sweet mother, Mary so fair,
And Joseph, guiding the donkey with care.
See the dear Baby of Bethlehem,
Little Lord Jesus, the Savior of men.
Text: Avon Compton
Music: Pat Graham
Album: Music Published in the Church Magazines: Friend
Composition Date: 1980-12-01
More Info: Friend