Understanding Religious Freedom
- What do we mean when we talk about religious freedom?
- Is religious freedom really threatened, and can I really make a difference?
- How can religious freedom in the United States be threatened when it’s already protected in the First Amendment?
- Isn’t religious freedom really about forcing others to live the way we want them to?
Current Events and Social Discussions
- What should we do when protecting our rights seems to conflict with rights that others say are important to them?
- Isn’t protecting religious freedom just an excuse for discrimination?
- How does religious freedom relate to debates about contraception or abortion?
- When we look at the harm being done by others in the name of religion, shouldn’t we be talking about limiting religious freedom and not protecting it?
- Why should religious views be part of public policy debates?
Understanding My Role
- What can I do to protect religious freedom?
- Won’t people call me a bigot if I don’t support their beliefs?
- What if I don’t want to talk about difficult topics because I don’t understand them?
- How can I show love to those who don’t share my beliefs?
- How can we all come together if we have such different views?