A right of inheritance belonging to the firstborn son. In a broad sense, the birthright includes any or all rights or inheritance transmitted to a person when he is born into a family and culture.
- Sell me this day thy birthright:Gen. 25:29–34; ( Gen. 27:36; )
- The firstborn sat according to his birthright:Gen. 43:33;
- He set Ephraim before Manasseh:Gen. 48:14–20; ( Jer. 31:9; )
- The birthright was Joseph’s:1 Chr. 5:2;
- Esau sold his birthright:Heb. 12:16;
- Ye are lawful heirs:D&C 86:9;
- Zion has a right to the priesthood by lineage:D&C 113:8; ( Abr. 2:9–11; )