The principle whereby Church members sustain those called to serve in the Church, as well as other Church decisions requiring their support, usually shown by raising the right hand.
Jesus Christ stands at the head of his Church. Through the inspiration of the Holy Ghost, he directs Church leaders in important actions and decisions. However, all Church members have the right and privilege of sustaining or not sustaining the actions and decisions of their leaders.
- All the people answered with one voice:Ex. 24:3; ( Num. 27:18–19; )
- The Apostles and elders assembled with one accord:Acts 15:25;
- No person is to be ordained without the vote of the Church:D&C 20:65–66;
- All things are to be done by common consent:D&C 26:2; ( D&C 28:13; )
- Let all things be done by united consent:D&C 104:21;