A small hill located in western New York, United States of America. Here an ancient prophet named Moroni hid the gold plates containing some of the records of the Nephite and Jaredite nations. Joseph Smith was directed to this hill in 1827 by the resurrected Moroni to get these plates and translate a portion of them. This translation is the Book of Mormon.
- Nephites gathered at Cumorah:Morm. 6:2–4;
- Cumorah was in a land of many waters:Morm. 6:4;
- Mormon hid the records in the Hill Cumorah:Morm. 6:6;
- All but twenty and four Nephites were slain at Cumorah:Morm. 6:11;
- We hear glad tidings from Cumorah:D&C 128:20;
- Joseph Smith took plates from the Hill Cumorah:JS—H 1:42, 50–54, 59;