Flesh has several meanings: (1) the soft tissue that makes up the bodies of mankind, animals, fowls, or fish; (2) mortality; or (3) the physical or carnal nature of man.
Carnal nature of man
- Cursed be the man that makes flesh his arm:Jer. 17:5;
- The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak:Mark 14:38;
- The lust of the flesh is not of the Father:1 Jn. 2:16;
- Nephi was sorrowful because of his flesh and iniquities:2 Ne. 4:17–18, 34;
- Do not reconcile yourselves to the devil and the flesh:2 Ne. 10:24;