One of Jesus’ Twelve Apostles in the New Testament (Matt. 10:4; Mark 14:10; John 6:71; 12:4). His surname meant “man of Kerioth.” He was from the tribe of Judah and was the only Apostle who was not a Galilean. Judas betrayed the Lord.
- Received thirty pieces of silver for delivering Christ to one of the chief priests:Matt. 26:14–16; ( Zech. 11:12–13; )
- Betrayed the Lord with a kiss:Matt. 26:47–50; ( Mark 14:43–45; Luke 22:47–48; John 18:2–5; )
- Hanged himself:Matt. 27:5;
- Satan entered into Judas:Luke 22:3; ( John 13:2, 26–30; )
- David spoke of Judas’s betrayal of Jesus:Acts 1:16; ( Ps. 41:9; )