The state or condition of being able to act and think freely. Obedience to gospel principles frees a person from the spiritual bondage of sin (John 8:31–36).
- I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts:Ps. 119:45;
- Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty:2 Cor. 3:17;
- Stand fast in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free:Gal. 5:1; ( D&C 88:86; )
- Men are free to choose liberty and eternal life:2 Ne. 2:27;
- This land shall be a land of liberty:2 Ne. 10:11;
- Moroni planted the standard of liberty among the Nephites:Alma 46:36;
- The Lord and his servants declare liberty to the captive spirits:D&C 138:18, 31, 42;