A woman in the New Testament who became a devoted disciple of Jesus Christ. Magdalene refers to Magdala, the place from which this Mary came. It is located on the western shore of the Sea of Galilee.
- She was near the cross:Matt. 27:56; ( Mark 15:40; John 19:25; )
- She was at Christ’s burial:Matt. 27:61; ( Mark 15:47; )
- She was at the tomb in the morning of the resurrection:Matt. 28:1; ( Mark 16:1; Luke 24:10; John 20:1, 11; )
- Jesus appeared first to her after his resurrection:Mark 16:9; ( John 20:14–18; )
- Seven devils went out of her:Luke 8:2;