See also Humble, Humility
Behavior or appearance that is humble, moderate, and decent. A modest person avoids excesses and pretensions.
- God made coats of skins, and clothed Adam and Eve:Gen. 3:21; ( Moses 4:27; )
- Women adorn themselves in modest apparel:1 Tim. 2:9;
- Be discreet, chaste, keepers at home:Titus 2:5;
- Many are lifted up in pride because of the costliness of their apparel:Jacob 2:13;
- Let all thy garments be plain:D&C 42:40;
- We believe in being chaste and virtuous:A of F 1:13;