To break a divine law, to sin, or to cause discomfort or injury; also to displease or annoy.
- A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city:Prov. 18:19;
- If thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out:Matt. 5:29;
- Whosoever shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better that he were drowned in the sea:Matt. 18:6; ( D&C 121:19–22; )
- If thy brother or sister offend thee and confess, thou shalt be reconciled:D&C 42:88;
- In nothing does man offend God, save those who confess not his hand and obey not his commandments:D&C 59:21;