A gift to the Lord. The Old Testament often used the word to refer to sacrifices or burnt offerings. The Church today uses fast offerings and other freewill offerings (including time, talents, and possessions) to help the poor and for other worthy causes.
- Ye have robbed me in tithes and offerings:Mal. 3:8–10;
- First be reconciled with thy brother and then offer thy gift:Matt. 5:23–24;
- Offer your whole souls as an offering to Christ:Omni 1:26;
- If a man offers a gift without real intent, it profits him nothing:Moro. 7:6;
- The keys of the priesthood will never be taken again until the sons of Levi offer again an offering to the Lord in righteousness:D&C 13:1;
- On this, the Lord’s day, thou shalt offer thine oblations and thy sacraments unto the Most High:D&C 59:12;
- Let us as a church and a people offer to the Lord an offering in righteousness:D&C 128:24;