See also Adversity
To cause anguish or pain to others because of their beliefs or social status; to harass or oppress.
- Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake:Matt. 5:10; ( 3 Ne. 12:10; )
- Pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you:Matt. 5:44; ( 3 Ne. 12:44; )
- Because they are rich, they persecute the meek:2 Ne. 9:30; ( 2 Ne. 28:12–13; )
- The righteous that look forward to Christ notwithstanding all persecution shall not perish:2 Ne. 26:8;
- All these things shall give thee experience:D&C 122:7;