Priest, Melchizedek Priesthood
A person who performs religious rites for others and directed to God. Frequently in the scriptures, priests are actually high priests after the order of Melchizedek (Alma 13:2). Those who receive a fulness of God’s glory after the resurrection become priests and kings in the celestial world.
- Melchizedek was a priest of the most high God:Gen. 14:18;
- Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek:Ps. 110:4; ( Heb. 5:6;
Heb.7:17, 21; )
- Christ hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father:Rev. 1:6; ( Rev. 5:10;
- Remember that the Lord God ordained priests after his holy order:Alma 13:1–20;
- Those who come forth in the resurrection of the just are priests and kings:D&C 76:50, 55–60;