Men preaching and setting themselves up for a light to the world that they may get gain and praise of the world; they do not seek the welfare of Zion (2 Ne. 26:29).
- Feed the flock of God, not for filthy lucre:1 Pet. 5:2;
- Churches which are built up to get gain must be brought low:1 Ne. 22:23; ( Morm. 8:32–41; )
- Because of priestcrafts and iniquities, Jesus will be crucified:2 Ne. 10:5;
- Were priestcraft to be enforced among this people it would prove their entire destruction:Alma 1:12;
- The Gentiles shall be filled with all manner of priestcrafts:3 Ne. 16:10;