See also Gospel
A basic doctrine, truth, or law. The first principles of the gospel are faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and repentance (A of F 1:4).
- Not leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection:Heb. 6:1–3;
- The elders, priests, and teachers shall teach the principles of my gospel, which are in the scriptures:D&C 42:12;
- Be instructed more perfectly in principle, in doctrine, in all things:D&C 88:78; ( D&C 97:14; )
- Every man may act in doctrine and principle according to the moral agency I have given him:D&C 101:78;
- Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life will rise with us in the resurrection:D&C 130:18–19;