An office to which men are ordained in the Melchizedek Priesthood. Today, the quorums of Seventy are General Authorities of the Church who are given the apostolic authority but are not ordained Apostles. They devote their full time to the ministry.
- The Lord appointed other seventy:Luke 10:1;
- The Seventy are called to preach the gospel and be especial witnesses of Jesus Christ:D&C 107:25–26;
- The Seventy act in the name of the Lord, under the direction of the Twelve, building up the Church and regulating all the affairs of the same in all nations:D&C 107:34;
- Choose other seventy, even seven times seventy, if the labor requires it:D&C 107:93–97;
- The quorum of seventies is instituted for traveling elders to bear record of my name in all the world:D&C 124:138–139;