Smith, Joseph, Sr.
Father of the Prophet Joseph Smith. He was born 12 July 1771. He married Lucy Mack, and they had nine children (JS—H 1:4). Joseph became a faithful believer in the latter-day restoration and the first Patriarch to the Church. He died 14 September 1840.
- God revealed instructions to him through his son Joseph:D&C 4;
- Let mine aged servant continue with his family:D&C 90:20;
- My aged servant Joseph sitteth with Abraham at his right hand:D&C 124:19;
- Joseph Smith, Jr., saw his father in a vision of the celestial kingdom:D&C 137:5;
- An angel commanded Joseph Smith, Jr., to tell his father of the vision he had received:JS—H 1:49–50;