See also Peace
A battle or armed conflict; fighting with weapons. The Lord approves of war only as a last means for his Saints to defend their families, property, rights, privileges, and freedoms (Alma 43:9, 45–47).
- Moroni sought to defend his people, his rights, his country, and his religion:Alma 48:10–17;
- Joseph Smith received a revelation and prophecy on war:D&C 87;
- Renounce war and proclaim peace:D&C 98:16, 34–46;
- We believe that men are justified in defending themselves, their friends, and property, and the government:D&C 134:11;
- We believe in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law:A of F 1:12;