See also Watch, Watchmen
To give notice or caution. Prophets, leaders, and parents warn and teach others to be obedient to the Lord and his teachings.
- Jacob warned the people of Nephi against every kind of sin:Jacob 3:12;
- The voice of warning is to all people:D&C 1:4;
- Let your preaching be the warning voice:D&C 38:41;
- This is a day of warning:D&C 63:58;
- Every man who has been warned should warn his neighbor:D&C 88:81;
- I have warned you, and forewarn you, by giving you this word of wisdom:D&C 89:4;