See also Disciple
A device put around the necks of animals or men to harness them together. The yoke of Christ is a symbol for discipleship, whereas the yoke of bondage is a symbol for oppression.
- My yoke is easy, and my burden is light:Matt. 11:29–30;
- Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers:2 Cor. 6:14;
- Be not entangled with the yoke of bondage:Gal. 5:1;
- Neither do we desire to bring any one to the yoke of bondage:Alma 44:2;
- The sufferings of the saints is an iron yoke, a strong band, and the chains of hell:D&C 123:1–3, 7–8;