Palmyra-Manchester, New York, 1820–31
- Joseph Smith Sr. Log Home The angel Moroni appeared to Joseph Smith in an upper room of this home on September 21–22, 1823 (see JS—H 1:29–47).
- Joseph Smith Sr. Farm This 100-acre (40-hectare) farm was developed by the Smith family from 1820 to 1829.
- Sacred Grove Joseph Smith Jr.’s First Vision occurred in a woodland on the Smith farm in the early spring of 1820 (see JS—H 1:11–20).
- Joseph Smith Sr. Frame Home This home was begun in 1822 by Alvin Smith and occupied by the Smith family from 1825 to 1829.
- Hill Cumorah Here the angel Moroni gave the Prophet Joseph Smith the gold plates on September 22, 1827 (see JS—H 1:50–54, 59).
- Martin Harris Farm This farm was mortgaged and part of its acreage sold to pay for the printing of the Book of Mormon.
- E. B. Grandin Print Shop 5,000 copies of the Book of Mormon were printed here 1829–30.
- Hathaway Brook In this brook, often called Crooked Creek by early residents, some early Church baptisms were performed.
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2015 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved