- elder shall serve the younger: Gen. 25:23 . ( Rom. 9:12 . )
- honour me … before the elders of my people: 1 Sam. 15:30 .
- all the elders of Israel: 2 Sam. 17:4 .
- when he sitteth among the elders: Prov. 31:23 .
- elders of Judah sat before me: Ezek. 8:1 .
- certain of the elders of Israel came to inquire: Ezek. 20:1 .
- transgress the tradition of the elders: Matt. 15:2 . ( Mark 7:5 . )
- suffer many things of the elders: Matt. 16:21 . ( Mark 8:31 ; Luke 9:22 . )
- priests and the elders … came unto him: Matt. 21:23 . ( Mark 11:27 ; Luke 20:1 . )
- elders, and all the council, sought false witness: Matt. 26:59 .
- they stirred up the people, and the elders: Acts 6:12 .
- by it the elders obtained a good report: Heb. 11:2 .
See also Acts 4:5–6