Life, Sanctity of
- Son of man is come to save that which was lost: Matt. 18:11 .
- not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them: Luke 9:56 . ( Luke 19:10 . )
- Greater love hath no man than … lay down his life for his friends: John 15:13 .
- Know ye not that ye are the temple of God: 1 Cor. 3:16 .
- no murderer hath eternal life: 1 Jn. 3:15 .
- better that one man should perish than that a nation should dwindle: 1 Ne. 4:13 .
- better that we should be in bondage than … lose our lives: Mosiah 20:22 .
- they had rather sacrifice their lives: Alma 26:32 .
- law requireth the life of him who hath murdered: Alma 34:12 .
- most abominable above all sins save … shedding of innocent blood: Alma 39:5 .
- never to raise the sword … except it were to preserve their lives: Alma 48:14 .
- whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 3 Ne. 12:21 .
- worth of souls is great in the sight of God: D&C 18:10 .
- he that kills shall not have forgiveness in this world: D&C 42:18 .
- wo be unto man that sheddeth blood … and hath no need: D&C 49:21 .
- their souls are precious before thee: D&C 109:43 .
- commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood: D&C 132:19 . ( D&C 132:26–27 . )
See also Alma 1:13–14