See also Music
- Jubal … was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ: Gen. 4:21 .
- prophets … with a psaltery, and a tabret, and a pipe, and a harp: 1 Sam. 10:5 . ( 1 Chr. 15:16 ; Ps. 92:1, 3 ; Ps. 108:1–3 ; Ps. 150 . )
- cunning player on an harp … shall play with his hand: 1 Sam. 16:16 . ( Ps. 137:2–4 ; Isa. 23:16 . )
- David and … Israel played before the Lord on all manner of instruments: 2 Sam. 6:5 . ( 2 Kgs. 11:14 ; Matt. 6:2 . )
- people piped with pipes: 1 Kgs. 1:40 . ( Jer. 48:36 ; Rev. 18:22 . )
- appoint … singers with instruments of musick, psalteries and harps and cymbals: 1 Chr. 15:16 .
- instruments of musick … David the king had made to praise the Lord: 2 Chr. 7:6 .
- They take the timbrel and harp, and rejoice at the sound of the organ: Job 21:12 . ( Ps. 81:1–3 . )
- As well the singers as the players on instruments shall be there: Ps. 87:7 .
- Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery; upon the harp: Ps. 92:3 .
- pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: Isa. 14:11 . ( Isa. 5:12 . )
- unto them as a very lovely song of one that … can play well on an instrument: Ezek. 33:32 .
- hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, dulcimer: Dan. 3:5 .
- neither were instruments of musick brought before him: Dan. 6:18 . ( Amos 6:5 . )
- have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal: 1 Cor. 13:1 .