- Love your enemies, bless them that curse you: Matt. 5:44 . ( 3 Ne. 12:44 . )
- good that I would I do not: but the evil: Rom. 7:19 .
- carnal mind is enmity against God: Rom. 8:7 .
- we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but … against the rulers of the darkness of this world: Eph. 6:12 .
- Who opposeth and exalteth himself: 2 Thes. 2:4 .
- avoiding … oppositions of science falsely so called: 1 Tim. 6:20 .
- these also resist the truth: 2 Tim. 3:8 .
- trying of your faith worketh patience: James 1:3 .
- friendship of the world is enmity with God: James 4:4 .
- trial of your faith: 1 Pet. 1:7 .
- must needs be … an opposition in all things: 2 Ne. 2:11 .
- forbidden fruit in opposition to the tree of life: 2 Ne. 2:15 .
- free to choose liberty and eternal life: 2 Ne. 2:27 .
- punishment … affixed opposite to the plan of happiness: Alma 42:16 .
- receive no witness until after the trial of your faith: Ether 12:6 .
- taste the bitter, that they may know to prize: Moses 6:55 .
See also Acts 26:14