See also Children ; Family, Children, Duties of ; Family, Children, Responsibilities toward ; Family, Love within ; Family, Patriarchal ; Father ; Honoring Father and Mother ; Marriage, Fatherhood ; Marriage, Motherhood ; Mother
- children shall rise up against their parents: Matt. 10:21 . ( Mark 13:12 . )
- ye shall be betrayed both by parents: Luke 21:16 .
- who did sin, this man, or his parents: John 9:2 .
- despiteful, proud … disobedient to parents: Rom. 1:30 .
- children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children: 2 Cor. 12:14 .
- Children, obey your parents: Eph. 6:1 . ( Col. 3:20 . )
- requite their parents: for that is good and acceptable before God: 1 Tim. 5:4 .
- shall be … disobedient to parents: 2 Tim. 3:2 .
- Nephi, having been born of goodly parents: 1 Ne. 1:1 .
- Adam and Eve, who were our first parents: 1 Ne. 5:11 . ( Jacob 4:3 . )
- hear the words of a trembling parent: 2 Ne. 1:14 .
- cursing … answered upon the heads of your parents: 2 Ne. 4:6 .
- a fallen people, because of the transgression of a parent: Alma 30:25 .
- teach parents that they must repent and be baptized: Moro. 8:10 .
- sins of the parents cannot be answered upon the heads of the children: Moses 6:54 .