See also Word of Wisdom
- smoke … went up as the smoke of a furnace: Gen. 19:28 .
- Sinai was altogether on a smoke: Ex. 19:18 .
- flame … with a pillar of smoke: Judg. 20:40 .
- he toucheth the hills, and they smoke: Ps. 104:32 .
- as smoke to the eyes, so is the sluggard: Prov. 10:26 .
- door moved … and the house was filled with smoke: Isa. 6:4 . ( 2 Ne. 16:4 . )
- smoking flax shall he not quench: Isa. 42:3 . ( Matt. 12:20 . )
- as the smoke out of the chimney: Hosea 13:3 .
- I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth … and pillars of smoke: Joel 2:30 . ( Acts 2:19 ; 1 Ne. 19:11 ; 1 Ne. 22:18 ; Morm. 8:29 ; D&C 45:41 . )