- two elders or high priests to be appointed counselors: D&C 42:31, 71 .
- counselors to be supported out of storehouse or remuneration: D&C 42:71–72 .
- counselors to assist bishop according to laws of kingdom: D&C 58:18 . ( D&C 107:72 . )
- if unfaithful in stewardship, bishopric will be condemned: D&C 64:40 .
- literal descendants of Aaron1 have legal right to bishopric: D&C 68:15–21 . ( D&C 107:16 . )
- bishopric is presidency of Aaronic Priesthood: D&C 107:15 .
- knowledge of bishopric given in Doctrine and Covenants: D&C 124:141 .