- shake off awful chains by which ye are bound: 2 Ne. 1:13 . ( 2 Ne. 9:45 . )
- devil will grasp wicked with his everlasting chains: 2 Ne. 28:19 .
- fathers loosed from chains of hell that encircled them: Alma 5:7, 9–10 .
- adversary lays snares that he might encircle people with his chains: Alma 12:6 .
- chains of hell means to be taken captive by devil and led by his will: Alma 12:11 .
- those who die in their sins shall be chained down to everlasting destruction: Alma 12:17 .
- may the Lord grant unto you repentance, that ye not be bound down by chains of hell: Alma 13:30 .
- have mercy on me, who am encircled by chains of death: Alma 36:18 .