See also Government, Civil
- when in service of fellow beings ye are in service of God: Mosiah 2:17 .
- live peaceably, and render to every man his due: Mosiah 4:13 .
- choose judges by voice of people: Mosiah 29:25 .
- people are obliged to abide by laws: Alma 1:1, 14 .
- Nephites fight to defend rights, privileges, liberty: Alma 43:9, 26, 47 . ( Alma 55:28 . )
- Nephites and converted Lamanites enter covenant to preserve rights and free government: Alma 46:20 . ( Alma 48:13 ; Alma 51:6 . )
- do not speak evil of neighbor, nor do him any harm: D&C 42:27 .
- let no man break laws of land: D&C 58:21 . ( D&C 98:4 . )
- uphold good men and wise men: D&C 98:10 .
- governments are instituted of God for benefit of man: D&C 134:1 .
- all men are bound to uphold their governments: D&C 134:5 .
- all men owe respect and deference to laws: D&C 134:6 .
- governments establish laws for protection of all citizens: D&C 134:7 .
- we believe in being subject to rulers and in obeying the law: A of F 1:12 .