See also TG Sustaining Church Leaders
- elders to receive license by vote of Church: D&C 20:63 .
- vote required for ordination in Church: D&C 20:65–66 .
- all things to be done by common consent: D&C 26:2 . ( D&C 28:13 . )
- men to be appointed by voice of Church: D&C 38:34 .
- Edward Partridge to be appointed bishop by voice of Church: D&C 41:9 .
- transgressors to be accounted unworthy by voice of Church: D&C 51:4 .
- let all things be done by united consent: D&C 104:21 .
- nothing to be taken from treasury except by voice or common consent of order: D&C 104:64, 71–72 .
- fill all these offices and approve of those names: D&C 124:144 .