- two elders or high priests to be appointed bishop’s counselors: D&C 42:31, 71 .
- bishop’s counselors to be supported out of storehouse or remuneration: D&C 42:71–72 .
- bishop to judge by assistance of counselors: D&C 58:18 . ( D&C 107:72 . )
- Frederick G. Williams called as counselor to Joseph Smith: D&C 81:1 .
- descendant of Aaron1 can act as bishop without counselors: D&C 107:76 .
- Twelve are called to assist Presidency as counselors: D&C 107:79 .
- the Lord has made First Presidency counselors and leaders of Twelve: D&C 112:20, 30 .
- Sidney Rigdon is called as counselor to Joseph Smith: D&C 124:126 .
- counselors given for presidents of priests, teachers, deacons, stake: D&C 124:142 .