- there began to be disputations among people: 3 Ne. 8:4 .
- the Lord commands that there be no disputations regarding baptism or other points of doctrine: 3 Ne. 11:22, 28 .
- Christ gives commandments because of disputations among people: 3 Ne. 18:34 .
- disputations among people regarding name of Church: 3 Ne. 27:3 .
- no contentions or disputations among Nephites: 4 Ne. 1:2 .
- dispute not because ye see not: Ether 12:6 .
- Mormon2 is grieved because of disputations regarding baptism of little children: Moro. 8:4–5 .