Gideon—Nephite patriot [c. 145–91 B.C.]
- strong man, enemy to King Noah3: Mosiah 19:4 .
- fights with king, spares king’s life: Mosiah 19:5–8 .
- sends men into wilderness to search for king and priests: Mosiah 19:18–24 .
- counsels with Limhi regarding dealings with Lamanite king: Mosiah 20:17–22 .
- proposes plan for escaping from Lamanites: Mosiah 22:3–9 .
- teacher in Church, withstands Nehor: Alma 1:7–8 .
- is slain by Nehor: Alma 1:9 . ( Alma 2:1, 20 ; Alma 6:7 ; Alma 14:16 . )
- valley named after Gideon: Alma 2:20 .
- city named after Gideon: Alma 6:7 .