John the Beloved—also known as the Revelator [c. first century A.D.]
See also BD John
- translation from parchment written by John: D&C 7 .
- John, my beloved: D&C 7:1 .
- given power over death: D&C 7:1–3 .
- desired to bring souls to the Lord: D&C 7:4 .
- as a ministering angel: D&C 7:6 .
- Peter, James, and John receive keys of ministry: D&C 7:7 .
- we know these things are true and according to revelations of John: D&C 20:35 .
- Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery ordained Apostles by Peter, James, and John: D&C 27:12 .
- the Lord cursed waters by mouth of John: D&C 61:14 .
- Joseph Smith reads John’s words about Resurrection: D&C 76:15–17 . ( John 5:29 . )
- explanation of revelation of John: D&C 77 .
- recorded promise of another Comforter: D&C 88:3 . ( John 14:16–17, 26 . )
- ordinance of washing of feet, according to pattern in John 13: D&C 88:141 .
- fulness of John’s record to be revealed: D&C 93:6, 18 .
- saw and bore record of Christ’s glory: D&C 93:6–17 .
- John declares dead will be judged from books: D&C 128:6 . ( Rev. 20:12 . )
- we hear voice of Peter, James, and John: D&C 128:20 .
- explanation of John 14:23: D&C 130:3 .